Who was king Tut
(Buy this book on Amazon for £3.84)
Read the introduction and chapter 1
- Look up pictures of King tuts treasure online (for example http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/egyptians/tutankhamun_gallery.shtml)
- Why do you think ancient civilizations grew up around rivers? – Have your child either narrate or write their answer and encourage them to think about farming and trade.
- Make a model of a crook – you could try using rolled up paper or some card – if you are feeling more adventurous how about painting an old walking stick?!
Read Chapters 2 and 3
- Ask your child to draw their own picture of Thoth and title it “Thoth god of the moon”.
- Can you describe the changes made to religious worship in Egypt by Amenhotep? . Have your child either narrate or write and answer.
Read Chapters 3 and 4
- Paint your name in hieroglyphs on a large piece of paper and make your own scroll.
- What do you think happened to King Tut? – Have your child either narrate or write and answer.
Read Chapters 5 and 6
- If you were a young pharoah planning a pyramid what belongings would YOU include to accompany you to the afterlife? Have your child either narrate or write and answer.
Read Chapters 7 and 8
Read Chapters 9 and 10
- How do you think Howard Carter felt after when he discovered the tomb? Have your child narrate or write and answer.
- Have a look at these pictures of Howard Carter exploring King Tuts tomb http://www.griffith.ox.ac.uk/gri/4acphot.html
Read Chapters 11 and 12
- Do you believe in the curse? Have your child narrate or write and answer.
Using the timeline at the back of the book add important dates to to your book of centuries.